Looking for Awesome Hotels in the Dream Destination of Yellowstone National Park. And I do mean dream destination. I have been to all seven continents, but I have yet to travel enough in my own backyard, the United States of America. I have seen very few national parks, and they have risen to the very top of my post-covid travel list. Did you know that Yellowstone National Park was named as the very first national park? Natural beauty, mountains, abundant wildlife and the world’s largest group of geysers and thermal features are drawing me more and more toward a visit. I love traveling to see wildlife, and the idea of seeing Yellowstone’s wolves, bison, and moose is enough to start my planning. Of course I want to see the incredible natural features of Yellowstone like Old Faithful and the Grand Prismatic Spring, but first I have to decide where to stay. I think the first consideration is to stay in the park itself. In partnering with Hotels.com, I can easily research the type of hotel I want to stay in.
Knowing that I want to stay inside the park is essential, and what I want to see is equally important. The lodgings in the park are more expensive, and they don’t have televisions, but they are also the most convenient for sightseeing. I want a little history and a lot of focus when I go to Yellowstone National Park.
Canyon Lodge, 3 STARS, 41 Clover Lane, Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming 82190
This centrally located lodge is centrally located in the park and sightseeing from Canyon Village is quite easy. The Lodge has 590 guestrooms to choose from! Within an hour’s walk you can see many of the best destinations in the park. I plan to stay at Canyon Lodge during the first part of my dream trip to Yellowstone.
- In a national park
- Grand Canyon of Yellowstone – 32 min walk
- Canyon Visitor Education Center – 9 min walk
- Lower Yellowstone Falls – 31 min walk
- Inspiration Point – 36 min walk
- Upper Yellowstone Falls – 44 min walk
- Hayden Valley – 5.1 mi / 8.2 km
- Gibbon River – 4 mi / 6.5 km
Old Faithful Inn, 2.5 STAR, 3200 Old Faithful Inn Road, Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, 82190
The Old Faithful Inn is a national historic landmark and the most requested lodging in the park. It was built in 1903-1904 and is the largest log structure in the world. Old Faithful Inn has both rooms that share baths and rooms with private baths. Be sure to know what you are getting when you book one of the 327 rooms available! This is the place to stay for viewing the geysers and thermal basins in the park!
- In a national park
- Old Faithful – 5 min walk
- Old Faithful Visitor Education Center – 8 min walk
- Castle Geyser – 9 min walk
- Grand Geyser – 13 min walk
- Beauty Pool – 16 min walk
- Daisy Geyser – 21 min walk
- Upper Geyser Basin – 23 min walk
There are many more options inside and outside of the park. Whether you love historical hotels with atmosphere and a shortage of modern comforts or a newer hotel like Canyon Lodge, there are plenty of beautiful hotels and resorts in and around Yellowstone National Park. I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to go and I am planning my trip for fall 2022! Will I see you there?
“As travel today remains uncertain, please keep your safety and the safety of others in mind at all times. If you are comfortable with traveling, please travel responsibly and within regulation as any travel is at your own risk.
If you do decide to travel at this time, here are MY recommendations:
• Wear a face mask.
• Bring hand sanitizer and wash your hands on a regular basis.
• Check official websites before your trip for the latest updates on policies, closures and status of local businesses.
• Book a hotel with free cancellation in case you need to change your plans at the last minute.”