It has been 3 years since Randy, my husband, received the last minute gift of a double lung transplant. Randy had been on life support for almost 2 weeks, and time was running out. His lungs had failed, but no one really knew why (after the transplant at UT Southwestern Transplant Center it was determined that Randy had Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis). The past 3 years, post transplant, have been full. Full of fear, sorrow, hope, joy, and relief. I think we have run the gamut of emotion, and it has been a true roller coaster. My daughter, Alexandra, sent this to me the other day, and it brought tears to both myself and Randy. Our family of four has been very close, and the emotional devastation my children felt was heartbreaking for me to witness. Her memories remind us all that miracles DO happen.
It has been 3 years since Randy, my husband, received the last minute gift of a double lung transplant. Randy had been on life support for almost 2 weeks, and time was running out. His lungs had failed, but no one really knew why (after the transplant at UT Southwestern Transplant Center it was determined that Randy had Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis). The past 3 years, post transplant, have been full. Full of fear, sorrow, hope, joy, and relief. I think we have run the gamut of emotion, and it has been a true roller coaster. The last year has been much more tranquil, though, for which we are grateful. Both of our children married in 2015 and we have welcomed two new family members! Looking back, I want to reprint my post from September 10, 2013, reminding us all that Miracles do Happen! [Read more…] about Randy is 3 Years Post Double Lung Transplant and Doing Well!
In many ways, I cannot believe I am a mother. These tiny creatures arrive, and all of the sudden you are responsible for a human life. It can be overwhelming, but there is no doubt that being their mother was the most important thing I have ever done.
All posts may include affiliate links at no cost to you, but I get a commission which helps support my mission of traveling the world and making a difference. Thanks for supporting Travels with Tam!
Destroy those Nasty Germs while you are traveling! I hate getting sick while I’m on a trip. Do you get sick when you travel? I used to. Almost every single time. I’d come to think of it as just an unhappy consequence of traveling, but after my husband, Randy, had to have a double lung transplant (a very unexpected journey) five years ago I started to look at it differently. Viruses and infections are extremely hazardous to anyone with a suppressed immune system, to everyone, so every precaution has to be taken. We must destroy those nasty germs while traveling![Read more…] about How to Destroy those Nasty Germs While You Are Traveling!
In order to stay in touch with my readership, I would like to ask you the following questions. My blog is going well, but it can always be made better, right? I would appreciate it if you could either answer in comments, or email me at [email protected]. Thank you so much!!!
- What do you enjoy the most about Travels with Tam?
- What topics are of the most interest to you?
- Photo blogs?
- Stories? What kind of stories?
- Personal writing?
- Travel writing?
- Dive trips?
- Solo Travel?
- Midlife Journey?
- How often do you think I should post? Right now I try for 3 times per week. Should I do more? Or less?
- Does graphic design on blogs interest you? Are you attracted to blogs because of their “logo” or design?
- For those who are members of the Travels with Tam Community, what made you sign up to hear about new posts? If you have not yet signed up to get notified when I post, why haven’t you?
- How can I add value, or excitement, to your life? Is there something you struggle with that this blog can address?
I value every single person who reads my blog, or looks at my photos. Every comment is exciting to me because it means we are communicating! I love sharing my life and adventures with you, and would love to know more about your life and journeys through discussion (i.e. comments!).
Thank you for your assistance! I appreciate you so much!
Here are the top posts on Travels with Tam for 2015! I hope you have enjoyed them throughout the year, and they continue to have relevance.
- 5 Reasons to Vacation in Cozumel, Mexico! travelswithtam.com/5-reasons-vacation-cozumel-mexico/
- Close Encounter with a Great White Shark! travelswithtam.com/close-encounter-with-a-great-white-shark/
- Amazing Women Wednesdays: Dr Andrea Marshall, Conservation Pioneer travelswithtam.com/amazing-women-dr-andrea-marshall-a-pioneer/
- A Hospital Bed in Place of a trip to Cozumel travelswithtam.com/hospital-bed-place-trip-cozumel/
- Transplant Challenges travelswithtam.com/transplant-challenges/