Welcome to Travels with Tam, and my Eclectic Travels in the Empty Nest! Although my husband and I traveled frequently with, and without, our children, my Empty Nest travel has been more adventurous, more eclectic, and more diverse. When I became an empty nester, I began traveling more, and traveling solo, as well as writing about my adventures, and thus Travels with Tam was born. I am open to all travel adventures. I travel the way I live, by trying new things, new ideas, new places, new cultures and new people. I want to see and experience a broad range of travel, from Scuba Diving trips to Luxury Vacations, from Eco Camping to Cruises. I have been to all seven continents, but I have much traveling yet to do! My travel niche is that I don’t have a particular niche, I’m open to experiencing it all! Welcome to my eclectic travels in my empty nest!
By the way, I’m a new grandma, with two grandchildren, aged 18 months and 5 months! I hope my future senior travels will include them!
My posts include many photographs, so if you love travel photography, food, wildlife and underwater photographs, you have come to the right place. I share stories about traveling, food, luxury hotels, adventure trips, scuba diving, wildlife travel, and citizen science. I want to inspire others to get out and see the world, to expand their knowledge and enlarge their perspective. You can travel and “do good” for yourself, others and our planet at the same time!
You can get started on my site by going HOME and choosing the categories you are interested in from the Navigation Bar. I look forward to having you join me on my eclectic empty nest travels. I would love to hear from you and hear about your travels! If you’d like to guest blog, let me know! firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to work together? Let’s do it! CLICK HERE
Random Facts About Tam
- My husband had a double lung transplant in 2013! Talk about an Unexpected Journey!
- I am crazy about scuba diving. I love to photograph the underwater realm. Actually, I think I am safer underwater than I am on land, given that I am extremely prone to falling on flat surfaces. And occasionally on steps. And over pet gates (that is a long story!). I have fallen on seven continents!
- I will go just about anywhere…and because I am endlessly curious, I am always learning. Very excitable, I still gasp to see a giraffe in the wild or a dolphin by the boat. No matter how many times I see wild creatures, it always feels new and breathlessly exciting.
- I have had many different careers…most recently, University Lecturer in Sociology and Gender, and a College Consultant in Private Practice. In a former life I was a travel agent. Now I am blogging about my eclectic life and travel adventures, and enjoying travel writing.
- I just published my first book, ALL FISH FACES! It is the first of a series about the ocean and its creatures, and why it is so important to make sure we keep them healthy! Ocean health is imperative for human health, and we need to get everyone excited about the ocean! It is a kid’s book, but also fun as a gift for anyone interested in the ocean or fish! Check it out on Amazon.