Named as Ultimate Top 45 Boomer Travel Blogs for 2018 by Getting On Travel!
My name is Tam Warner Minton, and I have loved to travel since I was a little girl and my family went to Ft Lauderdale and my beloved ocean every summer. My husband and I traveled frequently, and as our kids grew up they traveled with us. When I became an emptynester, I began traveling more adventurously, and solo, as well as writing about my journeys, and thus Travels with Tam was born! My posts include many photographs, so if you love travel photography, food, wildlife and underwater photographs, you have come to the right place. I share stories about traveling, food, luxury hotels, adventure trips, scuba diving, and citizen science. I want to inspire others to get out and see the world, to expand their knowledge and enlarge their perspective. You can travel and “do good” for yourself, others and our planet at the same time!
You can get started on my site by going HOME and choosing the categories you are interested in from the Navigation Bar. I look forward to having you join me on my travels. I would love to hear from you and hear about your travels! If you’d like to guest blog, let me know! firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to work together? Let’s! CLICK HERE
September 26, 2017 Channel 4 San Antonio Living 10a
October 9, 2017 CBS19 in Tyler, Texas Time TBA
October 13, 2017 Big Blend Radio and Tv Magazine 2pm
October 16, 2017 Good Morning Texas! WFAA Channel 8 Dallas, Texas
December 2, 2017 Interviews and Interactions, K-Talk Radio . com at 630p CST
I have been published on the following publications:
- The Huffington Post
- Matador Network
- Travel Post Monthly
- Scubaverse (Photo of the Month, August 2015)
- Adventures of Empty Nesters
- Midlife Boulevard
- Better After 50
- Boomer Cafe
- Next Act for Women
- Tour Radar
Random Facts About Me
- My husband had a double lung transplant in 2013! Talk about an Unexpected Journey!
- I am crazy about scuba diving. I love to photograph the underwater realm. Actually, I think I am safer underwater than I am on land, given that I am extremely prone to falling on flat surfaces. And occasionally on steps. And over pet gates (that is a long story!). I have fallen on seven continents!
- I will go just about anywhere…and because I am endlessly curious, I am always learning. Very excitable, I still gasp to see a giraffe in the wild or a dolphin by the boat. No matter how many times I see wild creatures, it always feels new and breathlessly exciting.
- I have had many different careers…most recently, University Lecturer in Sociology and Gender, and a College Consultant in Private Practice. In a former life I was a travel agent. Now I am blogging about my life and journeys, and doing travel writing.
- I just published my first book, ALL FISH FACES! It is the first of a series about the ocean and its creatures, and why it is so important to make sure we keep them healthy! Ocean health is imperative for human health, and we need to get everyone excited about the ocean! It is a kid’s book, but also fun as a gift for anyone interested in the ocean or fish! Check it out on Amazon.