#GivingTuesday is More Important in 2020 than Ever, and there is so much need. Be generous and give with all your heart! [Read more…] about #GivingTuesday is More Important in 2020 than Ever
Why Empty Nest Dogs are So Important as we Transition to Life without Kids. No matter how prepared we think we are when the last chick leaves the nest, there is a void in our lives when they go. Many empty nesters fill that void with a pet, most often a dog. And that is a healthy reaction if not a permanent one.[Read more…] about Why Empty Nest Dogs are So Important as we Transition to Life without Kids
All posts may include affiliate links at no cost to you, but I get a commission which helps support my mission of traveling the world and making a difference. Thanks for supporting Travels with Tam!
Our Planet’s Plastic Problem, can an old dog learn new tricks? I think we can, and I think we need to. This is a problem that exists in all modern cultures, so we all must learn new tricks.
We have a problem. A plastic problem. It is a huge problem, a problem in all of our oceans and on all of our continents, and if you aren’t aware of it, you must be living under a rock! I don’t want to go through the data and bore you, so suffice it to say that our planet is overwhelmed with plastic on land and sea. Did you know that animals and humans are ingesting micro-plastics? Microplastics are small plastic pieces less than five millimeters, often much smaller. They are in our food supply. Some estimate that we eat the equivalent of a credit card a week! If you think that is good for the human body, think again! You can google the data yourself, it is fact, and you cannot argue with facts. If you are a parent or a grandparent and care about your children, learn to teach an old dog new tricks![Read more…] about Our Planet’s Plastic Problem, Can an Old Dog Learn New Tricks?
It is Giving Tuesday, everyone! Giving is a good thing! Generosity is always a positive. At this time in our history, I believe it is imperative to do something, whether it is for people, the environment, or our fellow creatures. These are all causes that need support, and are worthy of your generosity. Why not give to:
- Genesis Women’s Shelter, Dallas, Tx: Genesis is an important part of our fight against domestic violence, which still happens everywhere in the world. Genesis provides housing, training, and child care for those in need. Their Christmas program may be the only gifts these children, and mothers, receive. You can choose your family size by clicking on their website . Give a happy holiday to a family in need.
- REEF.org: REEF is an organization of divers and ocean enthusiasts who are dedicated to protecting our oceans. Ocean Conservation is one of the most important issues of our time. We need our oceans healthy and alive in order to breathe, eat, and live. I have donated and given time on one of their expeditions in St Lucia. REEF is a wonderful organization!
- Marine Megafauna Foundation: There are several ways to help Marine Megafauna save these giants for future generations! Become a Marine Guardian, Adopt something BIG, or become a Sponsor. You can also give back by participating in Citizen Science on their Ray of Hope Expeditions! I have done several of these trips and it benefits not only Ray of Hope, but one’s self!
- No matter your political affiliation, the separation of children from their parents is just plain wrong. There are still separated families and frightened children without their parents. You can give to www.rescue.org to help reunite families. What better gift to a child than to be reunited with her/his parents?
- I met Paul North of Meet the Ocean in Antarctica! Paul’s non-profit is educating the public on the importance of the saltwaters of our planet. Employing science, storytelling, and encounters from earth’s most remote locations, MTO combats environmental apathy and further understanding of how the ocean functions, in order to better protect it. Giving to Meet the Ocean helps educate kids!
There are so many organizations out there worthy of your time and money! What organizations do you routinely give to? Please leave a comment and tell us what charities you support!
Here are three upcoming summer events in Dallas. Dallas is a city that always has something exciting going on! Whether you’re a foodie, art lover, or fan of
community celebrations and live music, there’s an event happening in the area that will make your
summer all the more pleasant. From
margaritas to orchestra accompanied movies, there’s truly a bit of something for everybody to enjoy. For
an easy transportation rental that eliminates the need to find parking or navigate traffic, head over to Party Bus Dallas!
Marvel Universe Live
at American Airlines Center
2500 Victory Avenue
If you have a child that’s a fan of the the Marvel movies and comics, this is the perfect event to take them
to! This show is action packed to say the least. Over 25 Marvel characters will be in attendance including
Spider Man, Captain America, Black Widow, and the Guardians of the Galaxy. They have one quest to
defeat the Marvel villains! There will be face painting and a lot of fun merchandise being sold by
vendors. It will be a night to remember for all who attend!
Dallas Margarita Festival
at Ferris Wheelers Backyard and BBQ
1950 Market Center Boulevard
The Dallas Margarita Festival is an extremely promising event for those who enjoy this tangy tequila
beverage. The ticket price comes with a margarita sampling card and voting chip. You’ll get to try over 15
margaritas from bars around the city, and vote for your favorite. A portion of the proceeds benefit charity,
so it’s a good event to support. There will be live music, raffles, food trucks, and of course, a ferris wheel!
at Meyerson Symphony Center
2301 Flora Street
This event celebrates the 25th anniversary of Jurassic Park! You’ll be able to watch a screening of the
classic movie with the Dallas Symphony Orchestra playing the score. You’ve never experienced the
movie quite like this. If you miss the show on August 31, don’t worry, there is a second showing the
Take me out to the ball game, take me out in the crowd, buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks, I don’t care if I never get back! Let me root, root, root for the home team, if they don’t win it’s a shame! For its one, two, three strikes you’re out at the old ballgame!
Who doesn’t love America’s favorite past time? There is just something about going to see a live game of baseball! When Rate Your Seats .com contacted me, I was very excited about the opportunity to go to a Ranger’s game! RateYourSeats.com is the best website to buy your baseball tickets–with actual seat view images before purchasing! Now, I like that idea! For that matter, RateYourSeats.com is the best website to purchase any tickets at live events in the Big D! Try them out, you will love the easy way to navigate their website!
My husband and I had Club Seats, which gives you the option of wait staff for your food! Yum! Randy had a bar-b-q sandwich, I had to eat a hot dog even though I haven’t had a hot dog since I can’t remember when. I mean, it’s a baseball game! And don’t forget to spoil yourself with a funnel cake! And a great big Coca Cola!
Next time you need to purchase tickets, head to RateYourSeats.com and see the view from the seats you purchase! Pretty sweet deal!