Why should you only wear Biodegradable Sunscreen? There are several reasons, and the first reason is the coral reefs in our oceans.[Read more…] about Why You Should Only Wear Reef Safe Biodegradable Sunscreen
There are so many things to do in La Paz Mexico, but I confess I prefer the ones that keep me outside and on the go. When one talks about La Paz, they usually think of La Paz, Bolivia. I have never been there, but I can tell you that there are plenty of active things to do in La Paz Mexico![Read more…] about 5 Active Things to Do in La Paz Mexico
How do you decide? Do you plan far in advance, or are you a spur of the moment type of person?
If I lean one way or another, it is to plan far in advance, but I’m always up for spontaneity! When you are an advance planner, you do tend to miss out on some of last minute trips![Read more…] about How Do You Decide Where You Will Travel in 2019?
It is Giving Tuesday, everyone! Giving is a good thing! Generosity is always a positive. At this time in our history, I believe it is imperative to do something, whether it is for people, the environment, or our fellow creatures. These are all causes that need support, and are worthy of your generosity. Why not give to:
- Genesis Women’s Shelter, Dallas, Tx: Genesis is an important part of our fight against domestic violence, which still happens everywhere in the world. Genesis provides housing, training, and child care for those in need. Their Christmas program may be the only gifts these children, and mothers, receive. You can choose your family size by clicking on their website . Give a happy holiday to a family in need.
- REEF.org: REEF is an organization of divers and ocean enthusiasts who are dedicated to protecting our oceans. Ocean Conservation is one of the most important issues of our time. We need our oceans healthy and alive in order to breathe, eat, and live. I have donated and given time on one of their expeditions in St Lucia. REEF is a wonderful organization!
- Marine Megafauna Foundation: There are several ways to help Marine Megafauna save these giants for future generations! Become a Marine Guardian, Adopt something BIG, or become a Sponsor. You can also give back by participating in Citizen Science on their Ray of Hope Expeditions! I have done several of these trips and it benefits not only Ray of Hope, but one’s self!
- No matter your political affiliation, the separation of children from their parents is just plain wrong. There are still separated families and frightened children without their parents. You can give to www.rescue.org to help reunite families. What better gift to a child than to be reunited with her/his parents?
- I met Paul North of Meet the Ocean in Antarctica! Paul’s non-profit is educating the public on the importance of the saltwaters of our planet. Employing science, storytelling, and encounters from earth’s most remote locations, MTO combats environmental apathy and further understanding of how the ocean functions, in order to better protect it. Giving to Meet the Ocean helps educate kids!
There are so many organizations out there worthy of your time and money! What organizations do you routinely give to? Please leave a comment and tell us what charities you support!
I learned to plant and save our coral during my Cozumel trip in September 2018. I now have a Coral Reef Conservation Specialty from PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors), and I am ready to travel to help save our reefs! [Read more…] about How I Learned to Plant and Save Our Coral
Give a Gift for Our Planet this Holiday Season! I cannot believe it, but it’s that time of year, when the world falls in love! I love Christmas, and I love suggesting gifts for fellow travelers and their families…I also enjoy pointing out some wonderful gifts that benefit our planet and make the gift recipient very happy at the same time! So let’s give, give, give!
Consider these earth, ocean and animal friendly gifts:
WORLD WILDLIFE FUND: MAKE A SYMBOLIC ADOPTION OF A SPECIES AND HELP WWF FIGHT EXTINCTION!
Sea Turtles need our help! Elephant numbers are going down alarmingly as well, due to poaching.
ADOPT A MANATEE FROM SAVE THE MANATEE!
CHARITY SCIENCE FOUNDATION allows you to donate to a scientific cause of your choosing. Always remember, SCIENCE MATTERS. #ilovescience #sciencematters
Support MARINE MEGAFAUNA FOUNDATION by donating, or shopping!
ALL FISH FACES is a great, green gift for children of all ages! Learn about common reef fish and learn how to reduce your plastic and carbon footprint at the same time!
Please give to OUR PLANET this holiday season! Merry Mazeltov!