Here are 5 fabulous reasons to take a Viking River Cruise! Of course, I cannot imagine a reason not to take a Viking River Cruise because there are no negatives. My travel buddy, Suzanne, of Adventures of Empty Nesters, and I loved it!
- New and beautiful sights! They don’t even have to be new sights, but seeing them from the perspective of a river is different! Viking has incredible cruises in every gorgeous part of the world, from Norway to Europe to China and Russia! Experiencing the sights, smells, and sounds of different cultures is always exhilarating.
- Tours by local guides. I went on the itinerary called “Elegant Elbe”. It took us from Berlin to Prague, with several stops along the way. In each new location Viking supplied a local guide for us, and what a difference it makes! I was fascinated to learn about eastern Germany and Czech Republic from people who grew up during the Cold War.
- Luxury! The stateroom and every corner of the ship was luxurious. We were waited on, hand and foot, which I have to say, was pretty damned nice! I particularly liked the lounge and bar where we met every evening for a run down of the next day’s activities!
- Food! I do not enjoy cooking, and one of my favorite things in life is eating in restaurants. I love having choices, and I love not cooking. They have a set menu with a lot of delicious options, and they also have at least two specials a day! Wine, beer, soft drinks, whatever you want. Loved it!
- Meeting people from all over the world. All nationalities are represented on board, and it is always fun to hear about their lives, listen to their accents, and see how they do things! Europeans are not big on ice…Americans, of course, LOVE ice. One of many fun differences.
So, there are 5 reasons to go on a Viking Cruise! There are many more, but these are my top 5! What are you waiting for??? Book early and get the itinerary you want at www.vikingcruises.com.