Generosity is always good, whether in material goods or in the heart. At this time in our history, I believe it is imperative to do something, whether it is for people, the environment, or our fellow creatures. In formulating this list I tried to keep the needs of the world and our earth in mind. These are all causes that need support, and are worthy of your generosity. Why not give to:
- Genesis Women’s Shelter, Dallas, Tx: Genesis is an important part of our fight against domestic violence, which still happens everywhere in the world. Genesis provides housing, training, and child care for those in need. Their Christmas program may be the only gifts these children, and mothers, receive. You can choose your family size by clicking on their website http://www.genesisshelter.org/event/genesis-holiday-2016/. Give a happy holiday to a family who has left violence behind and are starting over.
- Sierra Club’s Adopt an Animal: Your symbolic adoption will help protect wild animals and the wild places they call home. Donate today and receive an adorable plush animal to love! Free ground shipping on all orders. You cannot resist, and the next four years are going to be very difficult for our environment and our endangered animals. https://store.sierraclub.org/adopt-a-wild-animal-c32.aspx
- Marine Megafauna Foundation: There are several ways to help Marine Megafauna save these giants for future generations! Become a Marine Guardian, Adopt something BIG, or become a Sponsor! http://www.marinemegafauna.org/support-us/?utm_source=mailchimp&utm_campaign=giving-tuesday&utm_medium=email. You can also give back by participating in Citizen Science on their Ray of Hope Expeditions! I have done several of these trips, and I’m headed to Indonesia with Dr Andrea Marshall in February 2017! http://www.marinemegafauna.org/expeditions/ray-of-hope/
- UNICEF Syrian Crisis: Syria is not the only place on earth in desperate need, but the children of Aleppo are in dire circumstances. Please help alleviate their suffering. https://www.unicef.org/emergencies/syria/.
- Standing Rock No DAPL: Any person who believes in clean water and clean air will want to support Standing Rock’s protest of the Dakota Access Pipeline which will disturb water sources, and sacred Sioux burial spots. Here are 10 ways you can help! I protested in Dallas this month, there are many opportunities around the country where one can make their voices heard.
- REEF.org: REEF is an organization of divers and ocean enthusiasts who are dedicated to protecting our oceans. Ocean Conservation is one of the most important issues of our time. We need our oceans healthy and alive in order to breathe, eat, and live. I have donated and given time on one of their expeditions in St Lucia. REEF is a wonderful organization!
Get ‘Travels with Tam’ Updates