Why should you only wear Biodegradable Sunscreen? There are several reasons, and the first reason is the coral reefs in our oceans.[Read more…] about Why You Should Only Wear Reef Safe Biodegradable Sunscreen
There are so many things to do in La Paz Mexico, but I confess I prefer the ones that keep me outside and on the go. When one talks about La Paz, they usually think of La Paz, Bolivia. I have never been there, but I can tell you that there are plenty of active things to do in La Paz Mexico![Read more…] about 5 Active Things to Do in La Paz Mexico
How do you decide? Do you plan far in advance, or are you a spur of the moment type of person?
If I lean one way or another, it is to plan far in advance, but I’m always up for spontaneity! When you are an advance planner, you do tend to miss out on some of last minute trips![Read more…] about How Do You Decide Where You Will Travel in 2019?
It is Giving Tuesday, everyone! Giving is a good thing! Generosity is always a positive. At this time in our history, I believe it is imperative to do something, whether it is for people, the environment, or our fellow creatures. These are all causes that need support, and are worthy of your generosity. Why not give to:
- Genesis Women’s Shelter, Dallas, Tx: Genesis is an important part of our fight against domestic violence, which still happens everywhere in the world. Genesis provides housing, training, and child care for those in need. Their Christmas program may be the only gifts these children, and mothers, receive. You can choose your family size by clicking on their website . Give a happy holiday to a family in need.
- REEF.org: REEF is an organization of divers and ocean enthusiasts who are dedicated to protecting our oceans. Ocean Conservation is one of the most important issues of our time. We need our oceans healthy and alive in order to breathe, eat, and live. I have donated and given time on one of their expeditions in St Lucia. REEF is a wonderful organization!
- Marine Megafauna Foundation: There are several ways to help Marine Megafauna save these giants for future generations! Become a Marine Guardian, Adopt something BIG, or become a Sponsor. You can also give back by participating in Citizen Science on their Ray of Hope Expeditions! I have done several of these trips and it benefits not only Ray of Hope, but one’s self!
- No matter your political affiliation, the separation of children from their parents is just plain wrong. There are still separated families and frightened children without their parents. You can give to www.rescue.org to help reunite families. What better gift to a child than to be reunited with her/his parents?
- I met Paul North of Meet the Ocean in Antarctica! Paul’s non-profit is educating the public on the importance of the saltwaters of our planet. Employing science, storytelling, and encounters from earth’s most remote locations, MTO combats environmental apathy and further understanding of how the ocean functions, in order to better protect it. Giving to Meet the Ocean helps educate kids!
There are so many organizations out there worthy of your time and money! What organizations do you routinely give to? Please leave a comment and tell us what charities you support!
*This post contains affiliate links, which means I will receive a small percentage of sales, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting me in my travels, and my mission to encourage others to explore this incredible planet, experience other cultures, and make it a better place!
Awesome Gifts for the Holidays all under $30.00! Don’t worry, I have your back! I found these awesome, sometimes adorable, eco-friendly fun gifts for your holiday list. There are some amazing STOCKING STUFFERS here!
All-Natural Lavender + Eucalyptus Bath Bomb / Essential Oil Aromatherapy / Vegan Skincare / Eco-Friendly Gift / Stocking Stuffer for Her $7.00
Lip Balm in Eco Friendly Tube – Zero Waste – choose your flavor $4.00
Beeswax Resusable Sandwich Wrappers for $11.00
For the boomers on your list, an awesome vinyl record bowl for $25.00
Custom Water Bottle – Personalized – Plastic Water Bottle – Reusable – Eco Friendly – Gift – Workout Class – Workout Group – Gym Bottle $14.99
Stainless Steel Metal Drinking Straw Gift Set With Wooden Case | Includes 4 Straws + 2 Wooden Travel Carrying Cases + 2 Straw Brushes +Pouch $24.74
ECO-Friendly bamboo TRAVEL MUG Biodegradable coffee mug use again and again trendy lovely coffee lovers gift butterfly or flower design $6.73
Uncorked Candles are wine scents in upcycled wine bottles for $24.00
Eco-friendly Home Grown Felted Dryer Balls Great Stocking Stuffers!$5.00
Reusable Coffee Filters! $8.99
Zero waste sponges, Unsponges, reusable sponges, winter sponges, ecofriendly sponges, zero waste, holiday bundle, stocking stuffer $16.50+
Cloth Sandwich Bags – Coworker Gift – Zipper Food Pouch – Eco Friendly Gift – Reusable Bags – Available in Four Sizes $5.99
Eco Friendly Travel Kit – TSA Compliant – Natural Soap, Body Wash, Lip Balm, Salve & Shampoo – Lavender, Lemongrass, or Peppermint $25.00
I learned to plant and save our coral during my Cozumel trip in September 2018. I now have a Coral Reef Conservation Specialty from PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors), and I am ready to travel to help save our reefs! [Read more…] about How I Learned to Plant and Save Our Coral